Sunday, September 14, 2014

St. Augustine & some selfies :)

Hello there!  This post will wrap up all of my July photos.  First, I'm starting with pictures from my little road trip to St. Augustine with Jennifer.  We did a Saturday/Sunday trip up there to see the Sara Bareilles concert.  We had a blast!

We left Saturday morning and got up there around lunch time.  We found our hotel right away and then went and found a cute little place for lunch.  There are so many cute little places to shop and eat there.  We found a place called Cruisers and had burgers and fries....so good!


Next up, we found the greatest place that served gourmet popsicles....oh my gosh were they GOOD!  Totally made from fresh fruits.  Mine was pineapple and tasted just like a pina colada.


Had to pose in front of the wooden popsicle!  It was so hot out there....


This giant mill was really neat....


After walking around a while, we went across the street (water side) and checked out this old fort...Castillo de San Marcos National Monument.  More photos of this historic stuff later on in the post....some pics are from my phone and some from my camera.  And they're a little out of order...


Getting ready for the concert!  Talking crazy selfies....of course!


So we got to the St. Augustine Amphitheater and the parking lot was full.  There are only like 300 parking spots and the arena holds 1,500 people....makes no sense.  So we had to drive a few miles down the road and an old school bus brought us back.  Just like in elementary school days....


We made it!  It was a very cool concert area.


This woman is so talented....oh my gosh.  I'm sure you've heard her songs if you don't know her.  She sings "Brave" and "Love Song" and many more.  She has a beautiful voice and plays multiple instruments.  I'd definitely see her again!


The next morning, we got ready, checked out and headed over to the Fountain of Youth.  Don't we look younger just thinking about it?!


I have to say that Ponce de Leon kind of looks like an old school version of Alcide from True Blood...haha.


Lots of signs and statues to pose in front of...


Yes, we did drink from the fountain.  Well, it was really a well, and the water was filtered.  So I guess that wasn't really what I'd call "youth water."  Clearly my wrinkles are still there.  But it was still neat to see :) 


Here's a replica of an old boat...


Out of order here....here are the old (really old) cannons hidden behind the sea wall.


Here's a close up of a shot furnace.  They'd place the cannon balls in here to heat them up before firing them off in the cannons...when they'd hit the wooden ships, they'd catch on fire.


The other side of the sea wall...


The entire shot furnace (sorry for the order of the photos.  I'm too lazy to go back and put them in order).


Another angle of the fort...


Another cannon...


Looking over the top of the sea wall...


The fort.  We didn't go inside, but it was just a really neat thing to see.  I wish they did reenactments of these events!


This was at the Fountain of Youth park...I've already forgotten what this monument was for!  Terrible, I know.


A mama and baby peacock...so cute!  I never realized the males are the ones with the pretty feathers.


Inside the Fountain of Youth area...they have a lot of sculptures erected to demonstrate what life was like back then.  It was a lot cheesier than I expected it to be...but still neat to see.


There's a male peacock.


Another sign and another Ponce de Leon :)


Another really old cannon.


And another replica of events from back then...


Okay, here are a bunch of iPhone selfies of me and Pip....I couldn't choose my favorite, so I just uploaded all of them! :D  Oh, and she had stripped off her shirt and hidden it...


And what's a July post without some pool pics?  Sweet Reese and her love for the water :)


And few cute ones of the Pipster :)


That's it for this week!  Thanks for visiting!

No comments: