Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentines, Horses & 4-Wheelin'

Happy Sunday! I'm actually sharing a lot of pictures today. It has been an eventful week, that's for sure! With Valentine's Day parties at school, my birthday, Mardi Gras, and going for a 4-wheeler ride, things have been busy this week.

My 36th birthday was last Monday. Marshall and I went to the Texas Cattle Company for dinner, just like we do every year. It was delicious, as always! I got to hang out at both Reese and Paige's Valentine parties at school. I also got to see Paige ride Suzie in person! I never know what time the girls ride on Tuesdays, but she rode in the morning while I was at the school. Reese rode later on after I left, but her therapist sent me lots of pictures. Their Valentine parties were so sweet...it was cute to see all these little ones handing out their Valentines.

Another big event this week was something Reese did...something she's never done. She has always been pretty stand-offish when in a crowd. She has really learned to adapt and tolerate her classmates at school. Most of them she's had in her class all three years. Well, on Friday, there was a new student introduced to her class. Without prompting, Reese walked over to her and rubbed the little girl's arm and then proceeded to start to tickle her! You have to understand that she has NEVER done this kind of thing before! I wish I could have seen it. I was ecstatic to hear that she was befriending a new student! I can only dream that she will make friends one day.

Paige's class now has a pet...a little bunny! I can't wait to see it :)

Alrighty...here are all the pics from this week.

Reese at school...








Goofing off later at home with Grandma Darla (who likes to hide when the camera emerges...haha)




Not-so-happy Valentine?


Paige at her Valentine party...





My little jockey :)





Here is Paige giving her OT the horse PEC. When the horse stops moving, she has to hand him the picture in order for her to walk again. She is doing a GREAT job at this, and it is so neat to watch in person!




Giving the PEC again...


A lot of the kids ride the horses backwards. It automatically helps their posture...something about the way they are sitting forces their spine to be straighter.


Giving Heike the horse PEC!





Random cuteness...



We took the girls 4-wheeling this morning, but we had to cut it short because it started to rain :( But we did get a short ride in, and I took some pics :) We took off before I could get any of Paige on the 4-wheeler, but I got plenty of her running around having fun :)






Reese climbed up there all by herself!






And last but not least...yesterday was Lake Wales Mardi Gras. I went with my mom & sister...we managed to take one photo...haha.


That's it for this week. Have a good one!

No comments: