Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday, Paige!

I can't believe my youngest child is three years old! Really? Time is a funny thing...it just keeps on going whether we want it to or not. That little baby stage seems to take forever, but looking back, it only lasts for a short time. It sounds so cliche, but it seems like just last week we brought her home from the hospital. She has certainly made our lives more interesting the last three years! We love our special girl, and she has brought so much love to our family.

We had her little birthday party yesterday. The whole family came over and we had lasagna. I made a cupcake-cake for the first time...I'm still not sure if I completely adored it or not. I mean it was cute and it tasted delicious, but I don't think it turned out as cute as I'd imagined. Paige got lots of money, a really cute ladybug sleeping bag, lots of adorable outfits, a big bouncy ball, and a new twin bed set (for when she moves up to her big twin bed...later on down the road).

Today, we took the girls to Bok Tower. We used to have passes and we'd go all the time when it was just Reese. And then once we moved to Frostproof, we just stopped going and our passes expired. We finally renewed them last month, and vow to take the girls more often. It was such a gorgeous day and it was so nice to spend it outside.

I do have lots of pictures to share, so here we go...

As usual, Paige wasn't interested in her gifts. I helped her open them...doesn't she look super thrilled? Haha...I was more excited than she was!


A little more excitement here :)


We had so many family members over...I wasn't able to get pictures of them all. Here are the ones I did get.

Paige and Granny Clifford (one of her Great Grandmas)


Paige and Grandma Darlene


Paige and her Aunt Jamie


Paige and her Papa Gary


Paige and her Great Great Grandma (Mamaw)


Here is my "cake"...it's supposed to be a giant ice cream cone made of cupcakes...



I had leftover cupcakes, and I had just enough to spell this...


Attempt at a photo shoot...this is all I was able to get!


Reese was in a fantastic mood the entire night! She usually has a hard time dealing with the chaos that comes with a house full of people, but last night was so different. She was laughing and giggling and dancing around the whole night! She was engaging with others and it was really fun to watch her have such a great time.




Once everyone left, the girls had a tug-of-war with this pillow...it was funny to watch them interact.


A few silly shots from the other day...




Paige's new fascination is running water :)



And here are the pictures from Bok Tower today. Reese had a wonderful time!






And the Birthday Girl herself :) She wanted to ride on her Daddy's shoulders the whole time.











That's it for this week...I'm still in disbelief that Paige is three. Maybe by the time she turns four, I'll be used to the idea of her being three! Have a great week!

1 comment:

Sara Zenger said...

Your girls a getting so big Missy! Cute as buttons!!! You really got some great photos of both girls at the Bok Tower - cant wait to see them in a layout! I am so happy to celebreate a bday with Paige!