Sunday, December 12, 2010

What a combo...Dr. LaRue & Santa Claus

What a crazy week! This next week will be even busier...the girls have a lot of fun holiday events at school. Monday they get to go "shopping" at school for Christmas gifts, Tuesday they get to bake and decorate cookies for Santa, Wednesday is their party AND Santa comes to visit! Thursday they go from class to class singing Christmas carols. I can't wait to watch all of this!

Nothing like a fun trip to see Dr. LaRue! Both girls developed a nasty croupy cough the other day, so I immediately ran them over to the doctor on Thursday. Once I notice something different about them, I know they're on the verge of getting sick, so I don't wait around to see what might happen. It only gets worse if I do that. So here is Paige really hamming it up! She kept raising her eyebrows and giving me this face...it was so funny! She weighs 25 pounds 10 ounces!! Reese weighed in at 39 pounds.





Reese was NOT in the mood for a doctor's office photo shoot...poor thing!


Reese checking out the Christmas tree...


Paige modeling her new winter hat...she actually wears it for long periods of time without yanking it off! She is just about too big for her 12-month size jeans, and these are 18-months...way too long!



Reese looking cute...


Saturday morning we took the girls up town to the Ramon Theater to get their picture taken with Santa. Thank you so Mrs. Janice Fann and Mr. Neil Byrd for taking these photos! Now, ever since Reese turned one, she has hated photo studio-type settings. She liked walking around looking at all the pretty trees, but was NOT interested in posing. So, needless to say, Marshall and I wound up being in the picture. We didn't dress "Christmasy" so we look rather sloppy. But it was either that, or have a bunch of screaming girls next to Santa! There are several candid shots that Mr. Byrd took as well.

Reese just breaks my heart when I see her like this...she wasn't mad at all...she was crying like she was just devastated that we asked her to pose with Santa! It was so sad. At least she can look back on these pictures one day and I can tell her the story.





No comments: