Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Randoms, Las Vegas & being sick...

What a combo, right?  It's been a while since I posted...the weeks are just flying by and I can't get caught up.  I'm finding myself snapping pictures with my phone much more frequently these days.  It's just so much more convenient than toting my big Canon around everywhere I go.  Anyway, here are some random shots from different times...

On the way to Orlando to do some shopping for our Vegas trip.  Classic.  Me making a goofy face while Marshall wipes his nose.


Paige catching a little cat nap on the way home from school a few weeks ago...precious.


Reese likes to channel John Lennon at night while she's watching the iPad.  It's much more interesting to see Dora through sunglasses, you know.


A bath just wouldn't be the same without the iPad.


Okay, here's where the fun really begins!  Marshall and I finally got away.  Just the two of us.  It has been over SEVEN years since we've done this.  That's before Reese was born.  The time was just never right.  I never felt right leaving my children behind for days.  I just worry too much.  And with their issues, they've always needed me there at all times.  It was bad enough leaving them at school when they first started...how could I get on a plane and fly across the country?  That just wasn't happening.

Now that they're older, they've changed...they're a little more independent and able to do things without me.  The timing just felt right for us to take a little trip, so that's what we did.  We saw that George Strait (one of our all-time favorites) was making his rounds on his final tour, and he was making a stop in Vegas.  So we booked it all and flew out Thursday, January 30.  It was rainy that morning...here's our view from the plane.


Here's a shot of us about to take off...our morning began at 4am.


And another selfie...all my vacation pictures were taken with my iPhone.  Some are good, some aren't the greatest.


Such a striking view of the strip from the bridge between the MGM Grand and New York, New York.  Marshall told me we were staying at Harrah's, but he fibbed and we stayed at the MGM Grand.  He was just full of surprises. At first we weren't able to get tickets to the George Strait concert.  They sold out immediately.  But he wound up getting tickets through a different ticket outlet and informed me of this a few days before we left.  We had to book the hotel and flight months ago before the tickets actually went on sale.  So for the past few months we've had a trip planned but no tickets.  It finally worked out, and it was awesome!


We stayed up pretty high at the hotel...and it had a huge window in the room.  Why does my front tooth look all crooked in this picture?  It doesn't look like that in real life...


We took a cab over to Green Valley Ranch on our first night.  We ate at Hanks...omg!  It was amazing.  I kept reminding my lovely husband to stop and let me take a picture of us.  I like to record everything, and he just wants to live in the moment.  He's always glad I took pictures, though...haha.


We didn't see any shows or anything our first night there.  I was completely worn out and went to bed early...I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer after being up for nearly 24 hours.  So I guess I went to be early "Vegas time."

Friday night we ate at Craft Steak in the MGM Grand.  By far the best food of the vacation!  The atmosphere was awesome, and the food was just to die for.


After dinner, we headed over to see Pink in concert.  One word:  AMAZING.  She was truly outstanding...flying all over the place and singing at the same time.  I was in awe.  She landed pretty close to us here!  She performed at the Garden Arena in the Grand...the same place all the boxing matches take place.


Here we are waiting for her to come out.


And here we are being photobombed by the woman behind us...haha.


I just had to take a picture of this Walking Dead slot machine!  One of my favorite shows!


Just a random picture waiting for the monorail to pick us up...


Check out this humongous ferris wheel outside Harrah's.  Each pod holds 40 people!  And each one has a bar inside.  It's not running yet, but I was flabbergasted at the size of this thing!


Saturday night we ate at the top of the Stratosphere...here's the view of the strip from our table.  The floor spins around and you get a 360 degree view of Las Vegas.  We got there at sunset...so cool.


I just had to get a picture with the George sign...haha.

 
Waiting on George to come out.  Miranda Lambert opened for him...she was awesome, too!


Ahhhhh...the King of Country.  The best country singer EVER.  He still sounds so good and is still as cute as can be.  I wish he could've sang all of his songs...but there are so many.  He sang for 2.5 hours!


Our flight was delayed for 5 HOURS coming back....ugh.  We were stuck in the airport all day.  Apparently our plane had some damage, so we had to wait on one coming in from Chicago.  We finally boarded and got out on the tarmac, and the pilot decides to inform us that the plane toilets needed to be emptied from the previous flight.  Seriously?!  So that gets done...and then they realize they need to switch out a flight attendant who had reached his maximum working hours.  So we had to go BACK to the gate to take care of that.  We finally pulled out of there 5.5 hours late.  We pulled in to our drive way at almost 1am.  I was still awake at 3:30am...and got up at 6:15am to get the girls up and go teach my 8:30am spin class.  What a great start to a fun week.....not.


Waiting on the plane....and waiting....and waiting....


On top of that, both the girls were sick all last week.  Paige started coming down with something horrible.  She just laid around and slept for days.  She drank a little, but had no interest in food at all.  She finally came around on Thursday and started to snack some.  It was awful seeing her so lifeless.  She's a little busy body, so I knew she was sick when she just laid there.  And, to top it all off, her 5th birthday was Wednesday :(  She was too sick to even realize it.  Her birthday party was supposed to be this weekend, but we postponed it.  We're having it in two weeks :)


Reese was okay until she threw up at school on Wednesday.   She rested for a few days and was back to normal by the weekend.   Nothing worse than having your children sick!


Paige saw Dr. Whitworth on Thursday...thank goodness she didn't have the full blown flu.


Reese and her coat hanger...it must look extra cool seeing Dora through it.


Paige and I made some silly faces together once she started feeling better.  Please excuse how horrible I look....we were still in our comfy jammies...no brushed hair...no nothing.  Just us snuggled in at home :)


Paige decided to design her own fashion statement here by taking one arm out of her shirt.  What a goofball! :)

Whew!  This post took me a few days to finish...haha.  The girls have lots of fun Valentine things going on this week, and they have adorable little shirts to wear :)  So I will have plenty of pics to share soon.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: