Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday, Reese!

I can't believe my sweet baby is SIX!  I really don't know how that happened.  I blinked and all of a sudden, it was six years later.  We had her birthday party on Saturday, which we'll see pictures later.  To start off with, I'll share some pictures from Friday evening.  We were just out on the patio, enjoying the awesome breeze.  It doesn't take much to make this girl happy!


Paige ran around and then kept getting mad when Marshall was too wore out to spin her around again!  She finally crawled up in his lap, and that means he's going to tickle her.  She looks like a baby Chris Farley here...haha!  And then she pretended to sleep...yeah, right!


We spent some time in the pool on Saturday before the birthday party.  I believe the pictures speak for themselves...


This little stinker has to touch and lick everything!!


Okay, for my birthday cake this year, I went very simple.  I usually make some cute animal or something, but I honestly didn't feel like standing in the kitchen all day decorating it.  So I wound up with this.  Not my best creation, but it still tasted good.  And until Reese can tell me what kind of cake she wants, Mom does what she wants :)


This is Sidney, my older sister Kim's stepdaughter.  She's in the 4th grade, and she and Reese immediately bonded.  She was pretty much the only other kid at the party except Paige.  Reese doesn't have any friends that she plays with, so there aren't any that ever come over.  She really liked jumping around and dancing with her.  It was pretty fun to watch.  And these are the only pictures I got from the party.  Reese still isn't interested in opening gifts or blowing out candles...none of that "regular kid" stuff.  Sigh.


Sunday morning...the actual birthday...just hanging out in our pajamas.  She started out annoyed that I had the camera, but you'll see she soon cracked up :)


Pool time on Reese's birthday!  I decided to braid Pip's hair.  It turned out kind of cute!


I got some of the cutest pictures of Paige!  She just kept grinning at me for a change.  Well, except for the one Hulk picture where she got mad.  Imagine that.


Later that evening, we took Reese out to dinner.  Dad and Trisha watched Paige, and Reese really enjoyed getting out of the house without her.  We don't go out a lot with them because Paige is really unruly in public places.  Reese was always really well behaved in restaurants, but with two, it's just hard.  So it was nice to take her out by herself.


Afterwards, we had to make a Publix stop and she really enjoyed that.  Marshall and/or I always do the shopping when they're in school, so they never go into a grocery store.  Reese was mesmerized by all the lights and bright colors.  We found some cereal with her name on it, and you know her crazy photo-obsessed mother had to take her picture by it.  She was a little too in her zone to pose for me, but she loved looking at it all.  In the last photo, she decided to jump up and down with excitement, shouting, "Whoa!"  It was so cute!  I had my little camera, so that's why these pics are not clear at all.  Plus, all those lights in Publix do not make for great camera lighting.


That's about it...have a great 4-day week!

1 comment:

The Hursts said...

always love learning more about your girls...

one day I will get to do a french braid... one day! haha!