Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gator Homecoming

Happy November! Wow...that went fast. I was able to do something this weekend that I haven't done in years. I went up to Gainesville for UF Homecoming! It was so much fun. My old college friends Heather and Tia and I spent the weekend at Gator Growl and the Gator game. Tia was able to get us Growl tickets and then one of her friends from work gave her FREE tickets to the game...and they were GREAT tickets! We sat in the Champions Club seats, which are fantastic.

Being back in Gainesville brought back so many memories. We went to Weimer Hall, where most of our classes were. We toured the campus...so much has changed. I saw where I used to live on campus across from the baseball field, and one of my apartments on Archer Road. The campus is still so beautiful...so many trees and new buildings.

We ate my two favorite places...Napalatono's Italian and Texas Roadhouse. We reminisced about our old radio and TV days and all the fun & silly things we used to do. I can't believe it has been 14 years since we graduated! I also can't believe it took me that long to get back up there. After having kids, the priorities changed, I guess. It was a great girls' weekend, and Marshall had fun hanging out with Reese and Paige.

I realized that this was the first time I've gone anywhere - especially overnight - without him or the girls! I guess I was due for a fun weekend. It made me feel young again, and it made me miss my little family. I was so happy to get back home to see them :)

The girls had a great week. A sick-free week! Reese has gained all her weight back from when she was sick a few weeks ago, and Paige is still terrorizing the neighborhood :) I didn't get as many pictures this week, but I did manage to remember the camera a few times.

First up, I'll share my UF weekend pictures. This is me, Heather and Tia posing outside the stadium with the Bull Gator. He wasn't there when we were, and I have no idea when they put him there.

This is me getting in trouble by security for trying to sit on him...haha!

Me...I can't count how many times I walked passed this field to get to my classes.

We parked at the mall and rode the Gator Aider bus to the stadium...a whole lot better than fighting for a spot near the stadium! They drop you off right at the front door.

Now there are tons of marble slabs with all the top Gator players' names on them. Danny Wuerffel is my all-time favorite Gator :)

Here is his bronze statue...there is also one of Steve Spurrier and Tim Tebow (all Heisman Trophy Winners).

Another Gator to pose with...

The three of us waiting for Gator Growl to start. It was a bit chilly!

A few pics of me and Tia...


On Saturday, Laura joined us. She is an old friend of Tia's. I met her years ago before I had the girls, but I haven't seen her in forever.

And a few pics of the band before the game started...





Now...onto the girls :) These are from Monday (Halloween).

The flash is too bright!


Okay...I'll smile all pretty.

I can't stop giggling or open my eyes!

Alright, I'll do a cute pose for you!


One goofy goose goofing off before bed :)



Yes, that's a phone book. She loves it. I'm hoping with all the flipping she's doing she's memorizing everyone's phone number.


And the 2nd goofy goose goofing off before bed...





This is what happens when we're not looking. At least they were cleaning up the mess by mowing them down!


Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you've made in writing this posting. I'm hoping the same very best function from you inside future too.

security equipment