Sunday, October 23, 2011

I'm so over this.

My poor children have been sick for three weeks straight! They keep passing the stomach bug back and forth, and both had bronchitis in between. Reese started vomiting Tuesday afternoon, and kept going for over 48 hours. It was unbelievable. Today is Sunday, and this is the first day she has shown some kind of energy. She is finally drinking and eating and moving around. She has lost weight and is so thin. Paige has had this same bug 3 times in three weeks...she gets it, gets better for a few days, and then gets it again. She seems okay today. I would so much rather be sick than see my girls go through this. I honestly don't know what else to do...I've cleaned everything, steam cleaned the rug...I really hope this is the end of this.

Needless to say, I don't have many Reese pictures. I do have several of Paige in between her spells.

This was Monday before she got sick. She was munching on some vanilla wafers, just being her usual silly self.



This is what she looked like the rest of the week...poor baby!


This is what Paige looked like on Wednesday when she got home from school. She brought half the playground home with her...haha! She had dirt all over her face.


Here is Paige playing with her Daddy...she was giggling and being so silly!




We had all our beach towels spread everywhere in case she got sick again...and they wound up being blankets for Reese.


No words are needed for these photos! Apparently, powder isn't just for baby butts anymore...it's fun to play with. These photos sum up this child to a tee!




Paige finally decided to treat her baby like a real baby and push her around in her stroller. Usually, she just knocks the whole thing over, and the poor baby is head down on the tile.





And more of my little fearless daredevil...



"Why, yes, Mommy...I am here to drive you crazy. That is my sole purpose on this Earth." Haha...she is the funniest little thing!


We didn't make it to the pumpkin patch this weekend, obviously, but we are aiming to go next weekend. I'm dying to take some fall pics of my girls! Have a good week, and hopefully I'll have a better story to tell next Sunday.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Missy, that sucks that you're getting hit with the flu bug. That happened to us last year. Someone in this house had it every single week for 6 weeks straight no lie. Are you and the kids taking a probiotic? We started taking a probiotic last year and I think it's helped a lot. We haven't had the stomach flu in over 10 months. I thought Caleb came down with it last week but it ended up being some lunch meat that he wasn't digesting and not the flu so we're still going strong on our no flu streak. I give Caleb a chewable Buddy Bear tablet and I break a capsule up in Isaac's juice since he doesn't like the chewables. Hope everyone gets better soon!

The Hursts said...

So sorry the girls have been sick! May you have a healthy household very soon!