Sunday, August 1, 2010

The summer fun continues...

Can it get any hotter? I remember wishing for warmer weather back in January on that freezing day that it "snowed"...do you recall that day? There was barely any sleet at our house, but it was SO cold. Now that everyone is practically melting from the sweltering heat, I'm wishing it was January again. Even the pool feels like a bath unless it rains and cools it off. We're fortunate to have a pool, so I'm not complaining!

The girls have had a great week. Reese finished her last week of summer camp and will have the next three weeks off before starting her new school year. I've almost finished up getting her school supplies. I can't believe she'll be in her second year of Pre-K! She will FOUR years old exactly one month from tomorrow. How did THAT happen? Has that much time really passed since I brought her home from the hospital on Labor Day 2006? Don't blink or else time will just vanish into thin air.

Paige is doing well...we all got in the pool this weekend, and she still goes into relaxation mode once her feet hit the water. The thumb goes into the mouth, her feet cross at the ankles, she leans back in her floatie, and she just chills out. All she needs is a cup holder for her baby margarita...haha!

I didn't take as many pictures this week as I normally do, but I did get some of the random happenings of my cutie pies.

Reese did her part to help us decorate...she colored on the patio door glass. I'm leaving it there :) If you know Reese, you know coloring has never interested her. So when she decided to take the magenta crayon and scribble everywhere, I celebrated!



A few cute Paige pics:



Reese enjoying the pool...




Here's Paige doing her relax in the pool routine:


And here, I had just taken her hat off and her hair reminded of Justin Beiber's! She was in the shade when I took this, and it was originally much darker. When I lightened it up, the blue from the pool disappeared and looks white.


And more pool pics:



1 comment:

The Eckers said...

When you are complaining about the cold in December, I will remind you about you complaining about the heat!!