Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lots of pictures!

What a fast week that was! It just seemed like it was last Sunday and we were preparing for Reese's first day of school. She had a fantastic week! No crying or anything :) She loves her new teacher and is already having a lot of fun.

This is a very special week coming up...Thursday is Reese's 4th birthday! I still can't believe my baby is turning four...it's unbelievable. Marshall and Papa David have been working hard on building her an original, custom-made play hut in the yard. If you've ever been to Bok Tower, then you've probably seen the play hut there that is close to the parking lot as you pull in. She LOVES to play on the three levels of that hut, so Marshall designed her one simliar for our yard. It's going to be three levels (because she loves steps!) and will have a slide on one side, swings on the other, and a climbing wall somewhere. I know she (and Paige) will LOVE it once it's finished!

Things were quiet around the house this week with just Paige and me here....we sure did miss Reesie while she was at school! But it did give me lots of opportunities to get pictures of Paige :)

Here's Reese on the first day of school...not in the mood for a photo session!


After nap hair...too funny to pass up!


Paige laying on the pillow...she looked so cute watching Dora!



She loves this pink pony. She loves to tip it over and watch it fall. The other day, it fell towards her and bonked her in the head...and now she has a bruise!


Silly play time in the crib :)




Reese looking beautiful after school on Thursday...I was playing around with some editing here.



Paige just being cute :)




Okay...Paige was inside, licking the sliding glass door, and I was outside. We had a good laugh!


Reese loves to touch this [dead & dying] plant...she finds it fascinating. She was carrying around Paige's swimsuit and just laid it down in the plant urn!



Weekly Reese pool pics:




Here, I was experimenting with focusing...



Silly Paige is getting very talented at holding her toys & her cups with her feet! Sometimes she lets go with her hands and just uses her feet only!


Eating at Cracker Barrel this weekend...



Daddy helping Reese color :)

2 comments:

The Hursts said...

I love to see you experimenting with editing in your pictures. Isn't it fun? And amazing what you can do with a click of a button?? I've got a really crappy camera right now (especially since my not-as-crappy camera bit the dust), but I've been keeping a watchful eye on Craigslist for a used Nikon D40. Professional pics are just so expensive and I know I could do a decent job with better equipment. I feel like I've asked you this before, but what kind of camera do you use??

The Eckers said...

The licking the window picture is the BEST!!! I wish I took lots of pictures like you do.