Sunday, March 14, 2010

A good week :)

It has been a great week in the Whidden house! Yay! The girls are doing well and have had a good week of feeling healthy. Reese is off her medicine and is what I call "back to normal." She had a fantastic week at school, too. Today is Paige's last dose of ear drops, although it looks back to normal to me. She has had a good week, too. Wednesday, Reese's class went to Barney's Dream play park. Paige and I dropped by for a visit and got to watch her in action with her friends and teachers. Of course, she acted differently once she noticed me, but she still had fun swinging and sliding. I took pictures, naturally :)

Last night was the big St. Patty's Day Fundraiser/Auction for Reese's school. It was at Lake Ashton and it was amazing! I was one of four parents who spoke to the crowd about how wonderful Our Children's Academy is and what great things it has done for Reese. It was pretty emotional for me, but I got through it. Reese was supposed to make an appearance, but she decided to throw a huge screaming fit in the parking lot...so, Marshall drove her straight home. I was excited to get a night out amongst adults and hang out with my husband, but I wound up going stag...haha. It still turned out great, and a lot of money was raised.

On another note, Thursday was our 10th wedding anniversary! I can't believe it has been a decade. We've actually been together for almost 16 years. We've been too broke and busy to do anything to celebrate, so hopefully we can at least get a good dinner out soon.

Here are the pictures I snapped this week...

Reese being so serious...



Gotta have the afternoon goldfish snack!


Paige's favorite place to nap. Yes, she still fits in her swing at 13 months!


Reese at Barney's Dream, sliding with one of her favorite paras, Michelle. Michelle ADORES Reese!





This is Reese and her friend, Rebecca.


The little tv addict...haha.


The piggy back ride lover...



Paige just playing around on the floor.




And two more shots of Reese...I actually got a smile out of her this time :)

3 comments:

Sara Dolezal said...

adorable girls Missy!

The Hursts said...

Congrats on the wedding anniversary! Jimmy and I called our last anniversary a "business expense" and stayed the night in Ft Lauderdale at beach cottage...otherwise, we were too broke to do anything! Don't tell the IRS! Ha!

Glad to see I'm not the only "bad" mom who lets their kid watch TV!!! (By the way, I think they have some great educational shows on in the morning!)

Have you ever been to MOPS in Lake Wales? I just started going and really enjoy it. You should check it out if you can. (9am every other Thurs)

Kristi said...

I haven't checked blogs in sooo long. I just cannot believe how much the girls have grown! Such beauties! I'm going to do better with checking the blog (and preferably not at 3 a.m. like now! :) )