Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday, Paige!!!

My baby is ONE! I can't believe it. Friday was the big day, and she and I did a little dance at 10:39am :) This whole year has whizzed by in a blur, and it really does seem like I just had her last week. I know that sounds like something every mom says, but it's SO true. Yesterday was her party...the whole family came over to celebrate. She cooperated and had a great time! She didn't like her cake too much, though...as you'll see in the pictures. She got some really cute clothes, lots of money for her savings account (yes, she already has one!), a pink pony, an activity table, a glow worm, a shape cube, building blocks...so many cool new things to play with! I'm sure big sis will have to try everything out first...haha.

Here she is Friday...this has to be one of my favorite pictures of her ever!




Turning ONE is hard work!


Isn't this the cutest little birthday girl outfit? I knew Paige had to have it when I saw it in the store!




Here she is opening her gifts...







She tasted every card she opened...haha!





Here are the two cakes I made. The "1" was the main cake -- it looked better in person! The hardest part was the lettering...I need to work on that. I LOVED the monkey cake! That one was Paige's personal smash cake, which she wasn't really into. I hated to see it get messed up...but that's what cakes are for, right? Let me tell you, I had some serious arthritis going on after doing this all day Friday!











Here is the table...the theme was safari/1st birthday. Little monkeys, lions, elephants, hippos, etc. everywhere! There were balloons all over the living room. I love how her birthday banner turned out.


Here's Reese being silly :)


She made her Papa Jerry give her a piggy back ride. She decided just to rest on his back...until he couldn't take it anymore...haha :)

Grandma Darlene and Reese had a fun time playing in her room :)

The birthday girl with her mommy and daddy...she was worn out by this point. Nothing the swing can't cure!



Here are few random pictures from the past week.



Okay, I'm going to ignore you now, mom...


This is at school last week. Reese decided to climb into her teacher's chair and help her with her email...haha! They snapped a pic and sent it to me. I suggested they put her on the payroll if she's helping them do work :)

Since she is still nursing, Paige doesn't have a bottle that often (mostly when I'm at the gym or out running errands). When she does have one, this is how she holds it!


52 WEEKS OLD!! ONE YEAR OLD!! :)




I took sooooo many pictures...I would probably be here all week uploading them. I did take pics of Paige with all her grandparents and aunts, but since most of them hate having their pictures made, I won't put them on here...they probably wouldn't be too happy with me...haha. I hope you enjoy these! I'll get Paige's official one-year pictures this week and post them later.

4 comments:

Sara Dolezal said...

Super cute pics Missy! I can't believe how much they've grown since the last time I saw pictures. SOOO cute!!

Teresa C said...

those were great! looks like a great time for all of you. Wow, how is she one already??? We had a similar weekend, party on Saturday for Addy with family. I need to get my pictures loaded so I can update the blog soon too.

Amber said...

Oh wow she's grown up so fast. It is amazing how fast time flies when you have kids. It looks like an awesome party and you did awesome on her cakes. I can't wait to see her 1 year pictures. Reesie has grown up so much too. You are so blessed with 2 beautiful girls.

Unknown said...

Beautiful kids I am a new follower. God bless!!