Monday, February 9, 2009

Paige is here!!

Well, I can't believe it's all over! Paige Kristine was born February 5 at 10:39 am. She weighed 7 lb. 12 oz. and was 19.5 inches long. When she came out, her little legs were completely spread eagle, so there was almost no way she would've been able to turn! One of the pictures of her on the scale shows her legs like this. She is such a precious little baby. She looks just like her daddy...I haven't found one thing about her that resembles me...haha! She is doing so well. She is a natural at nursing and sleeps like a champ (so far).

The c-section was NOT fun and now that I've gone through it, I defintiely wouldn't recommend it! The healing is so difficult, especially with a 2-year-old in the house. The birth was great, though...nothing unexpected. This was my first experience in an operating room, so I was pretty much terrified. The doctors and nurses were wonderful and helped me to not freak out. They really do make you get up and walk around not long after you've had the baby. That was the scariest part --trying to sit up from laying down. Ouch! But it gets easier every time I do it, and I can't wait to get back to normal!

Anyway, the pictures are what you wanted to see, so here they are!














2 comments:

Teresa C said...

Congrats again Missy! Such a beautiful family. I hope you are all enjoying being home together and that Reese is loving her little sister.

Julie said...

Congratulations Missy, your baby Paige is an absolute doll!!! I bet Reese loves her new big sister role!! Your girls are both beautiful and you are one lucky mama!! Congrats again, and get well soon :)